With Eid just around the corner, some of us may be overjoyed with the weight loss after fasting for weeks now. Surely you'd also want a beautiful face and hair to go with the weight loss as you parade your new fitter body in the latest fashionable clothes and traditional wears during your Eid ‘balik kampung' and open houses.
At All Kurma, we are glad that you have included dates as part of your healthy dietary consumption. But this time, it gets better. So read on to reap a little more on the benefits of date fruit, especially for you ladies!
In Your Face
We all want to have that enviable clear face that others will have a pleasant feeling looking at you. Besides, our face is often the first thing people notice when you're out and about. So, we are sharing an easy to make face pack for you to use every night before going to bed.
You will need:
- 10 large-sized dates (Medjool or Deglet Nour are perfect as they have a softer texture)
- Whole milk
- Semolina flour
- Clean the dates thoroughly as exposed dates may collect dust over time, and chop them
- Soak the pitted dates in warm milk for about half an hour to soften the texture. You may blend them to make a smoother concoction.
- Then add some semolina flour to make a paste
- Apply and leave on your face and neck for about 20 to 30 minutes and wash thoroughly before you go to bed
The beauty secret is dates contain various nutrients that are beneficial for the skin. Vitamin C, for example, helps to boost skin elasticity. It is also high in magnesium which can help to soothe inflammation, especially when your skin is prone to breakouts.
Keep Your Hair in Place
Yes, because technically the hair should stay on top of your head, not the comb or on the floor. If you hate having a bad hair day, here's a short cut!
You will need:
- 12 to 15 large-sized dates (again, go for the soft ones)
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- Half a cup of coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 egg yolks
Next, you will need to:
- Clean and remove the seeds from your dates before chopping them
- Soak in water to soften them up
- Mix honey, oil and egg yolks together to create a thick blend
- Mash the dates into the mixture
- Make sure your hair and scalp are dry before applying this hair mask so they can absorb the nutrients better as oil is a good way to moisturize
- Wrap your hair in a slightly damp towel and use a hair dryer to warm up your hair and scalp. Remember the hair steaming treatment at the salon? Same difference!The beauty secret here is, dates contain Vitamin B that helps to prevent hair from drying up and becoming brittle. The iron-packed fruits are also good in promoting healthier blood circulation under the scalp and, in the long run, helps to boost hair growth.
So, are we ready for a runway ready look this Eid? Let's do this!
Now that you've gotten your dose of upDates! till our next date, Eat Fresh and Stay Well, only from All Kurma.