It’s the most wonderful time of the year! With colourful and festive lights filling up the streets all around the island, we're sure you are already feeling the festive vibes all around.
While we're still unable to gather in large groups, why not try spreading the Christmas cheer a little differently this year by surprising your loved ones with home-baked goodies! With so many types of seasonal treats out there, you may find it difficult to find the right bake suited to everyone's liking.
Fret not! At Santa's All Kurma Snack Factory, our elves understand your struggle, so they've prepared a special healthy Fruit Cake recipe that is definitely going to appease everyone! Nothing screams happy holidays like a good ol' fruit cake, aren't we right?
While fruit cakes are typically not the healthiest festive treat out there, our AK elves have come up with a healthy rendition using our very own All Kurma ingredients! Read on to find out how you can recreate this delicious cake right at home.
Dried Fruits Mixture
170G Springdale Cottage Jumbo Raisins, chopped
100G Springdale Cottage Pitted Prunes,chopped
150G Springdale Cottage Dried Figs, chopped
150G Springdale Cottage Dried Cranberries, chopped
180G Pitted Dates of choice
180ml Brewed English Breakfast Tea or Hot Water
120G Unsalted Butter, softened
160G Light Brown Sugar
5 Eggs, at room temperature
1 Tbsp Freshly Grated Lemon Zest
1 Tbsp Freshly Grated Orange Zest
60ML Orange Juice
180G Plain Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
2 ¼ Tsp Mixed Spices
1 Tsp Salt
- The day before baking, combine all the dried fruits in a bowl and add in the brewed tea or water. Cover and soak for at least 12 hours. Best left to soak for 24 hours prior to baking.
- On the day of the bake, preheat the oven to 150°C. Set the rack to the centre.
- Prepare a 8”/20.5cm round baking pan, springform ones are best, lined with parchment paper and greased.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, mixed spice, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or a stand-mixer bowl, cream the softened butter with the sugar with a mixer over medium-speed, until light and fluffy.
- Reduce the speed to medium and add the eggs one at a time. Make sure the eggs are just incorporated after each one. The mixture will not be smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture. Mix on low speed.
- When the flour is well incorporated, add in the lemon zest, orange zest, orange juice, and soaked dried fruit mixture.
- Using a spatula, stir the mixture several times until all of the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Use a spatula to smooth the top of the cake mixture.
- Bake on the centre rack of the oven for 1hr 30mins, rotating the baking pan halfway through the baking time. When a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool inside the pan before removing it.
If you would like to try your hand at our AK Christmas Fruit Cake recipe, now is the time! Our Santa’s AK Snack Factory has just launched a Season’s Snacking Box where you can select up to 6 of your favourite All Kurma items at a bundled price! You can even add on a gift wrapping option for a nominal fee.
That’s not all! If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious Christmas gift for your loved ones, our elves have prepared 3 Christmas Gift Bundles that come pre-gift wrapped at three great price points to help you solve all your present picking dilemmas!
Happy Yuletide Shopping!